Are You a Storm Chaser?
The other night, I was awakened by the crashes of thunder and the flashes of lightning outside my home. And it got me thinking, all of us can relate to going through some stormy situations in life. But it’s in those storms that our courage and faith will shine. Satan loves to stomp around loudly, roaring like a lion, but let me tell you a secret: HE HAS NO TEETH! He can try to bring storms that seem threatening, but if you stand your ground, you can move the storms instead of allowing the storms to move you. Jesus did it, when he and his disciples were out on the lake. All it took was one word from Jesus, and that storm shut up!
Here are a few things to remember during a storm, a kind of field guide to faith:
- Watch your words. Satan can’t tell the difference between you and God when you are saying what God says. The same Power that created the universe is in you!
- Stay behind your shield of faith. It’s only when you step out from behind that shield that Satan can see your human weakness.
- Stay in agreement with God. Satan is after your agreement with heaven. He wants you to let go of it. As long as you agree with God, those storms can’t touch you. You may hear the thunder and see the lightning, but it can’t come near you.
- Don’t tell Satan you’re afraid. Again, this comes back to words. Be brave, standing in the faith and strength of God and not yourself. You may feel fear, just don’t act on it. Satan sees that same anointing that was on Jesus, on YOU! Don’t give away your feelings if they don’t line up with heaven.
We believe in you, because the power of heaven is inside of you. This week, I challenge you stand unafraid in the face of storms. You are strong and fully able to overcome.
View The Rest Of This Series:
(1) Storm Chasers: Are You A Storm Chaser? // (Download)
(2) Storm Chasers: Defeat The Storm By Law // (Download)
(3) Storm Chasers: Authority // (Download)